- The Website is intended for licensed, wholesale purchasers of wine and beverages within Australia only. Persons under the age of 18 are not permitted to use this Website.
What personal information does EBev collect and hold?
Collection of personal information by EBev
EBev operates the Website for the wholesale wine and beverage trade, aggregating portfolios from leading wholesale wine and beverage suppliers (“Sellers”) for licensed restaurants, bars and retailers (“Licensed”). The Website provides the platform through which Licensed Purchasers can efficiently, conveniently and directly connect with a large range of Sellers and their products.
To facilitate the sale and purchase of wholesale wines and beverages between Sellers and Licensed Purchasers, we collect a range of personal information, including the following:
- the names, titles and contact details of our Website users and Sellers;
- records of communication between us, Sellers and Website users, including any records of email or phone enquiries;
- personal information about individuals that represent Sellers; and
- the website registration details of individual Website users.
- We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the Website, track users' movements, and gather broad demographic information for anonymous and aggregate use. If you wish to disable 'track users' movements', you can opt-out here. Opting out will create a cookie that tells the FullStory software to turn off recording. The presence of this cookie is required to continue opting out, so if you clear your browser cookies, you will have to opt-out again. Please note, we encourage you to leave this on as this allows us to make the Website better for you.
We do not collect any sensitive information about individuals, nor do we collect or store any payment information from our Website users who purchase wine and beverages from Sellers through the Website. All payment information is collected and held by the Sellers from whom our Website users purchase products.
Please note that while we seek to minimise the personal information we collect, if you do not provide us with the personal information we request, we may not be able to provide you with the services or other assistance you seek.
Collection of personal information by Sellers
Sellers will generally collect personal information about you when you purchase their products through the Website. The primary purpose for the collection of this information is to facilitate the purchase and delivery of the products you have ordered. All Sellers are located in Australia.
Sellers bound by the Privacy Act are required to maintain their own privacy policies. You should review Sellers’ privacy policies if you require further information as to how they collect, use and disclose personal information.
We may use anonymous data that we collect through cookies and other technologies to assist Sellers to provide Website users with targeted information about their products.
In particular, we use Google Analytics features (including Google Remarketing, Google Display Network Impressions Reporting, the Double Click Campaign Manager and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting) on our website, which use both first party and third party cookies to record standard internet traffic information. We, and some third parties (including Google), also use the information to optimise ad selection for groups of individuals based on age, gender, interests and past visits to our site. The cookies allow us and other third parties (including Google) to evaluate your interactions with ad services on our Website and serve targeted advertising on sites across the Internet. We have enabled Google Analytics for Display Advertising which allows Google and other third parties to advertise to you on our Website and across the Internet.
We also use first party cookies (such as Google Analytic cookies) and third party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) to report how our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our Website. In addition, we use data from Google’s Interest-based advertising or third party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) with Google Analytics to help us understand how user activity varies based on these factors.
How do we collect and hold personal information?
Generally, we endeavour to collect personal information directly from the individuals concerned. However, if this is not practicable, we may collect personal information from Sellers.
We may also collect personal information (including personal contact and identification details) in commercial credit applications that are made available by Sellers on the Website. For the purchasers’ convenience, this information will be stored in connection with their account for use in completing subsequent commercial credit applications.
EBev also collects personal information about Sellers from Website users and Licensed Purchasers of the Sellers’ products. This information generally takes the form of reviews and feedback about the performance of Sellers and the products they sell.
If we collect personal information about individuals from other individuals or entities, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the relevant individuals are made aware of the collection of their personal information.
EBev takes reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal information. In particular, EBev encrypts communications between the Website and end users by way of an industry standard SSL certificate, which prevents third party interception of user data as it is transmitted to the user. Users’ passwords are also stored and protected using stringent security measures.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer. Any data destroyed is disposed of in an appropriate manner that protects the privacy of your information.
EBev stores personal information about Website users on Amazon Cloud Servers, which are located in Australia.
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
The primary purpose for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information is to facilitate the sale and purchasing of wine and beverages through the Website.
We may also collect, use, store and disclose your personal information for the purposes of:
- facilitating your registration as a Website user
- conducting, improving, maintaining and developing business and customer relationships with other entities and individuals, including with buyers and Sellers who use our Website;
- meeting our legal obligations;
- sending Licensed Purchasers and Website users communications confirming and summarising their orders, or information about Website updates;
- responding to individuals’ queries; and
- marketing the services we provide, and providing individuals with information about the products available on our Website.
If you wish to opt out of the direct marketing communications we send you (including by email), please follow the unsubscribe instructions in the relevant communications, or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To give effect to the purposes described above, EBev may disclose your personal information to the following individuals and entities:
- Sellers, who sell products through the Website and deliver products you have ordered to you. We share customer information related to those transactions with the relevant Sellers. Please read the Sellers’ privacy policies to find out how they handle personal information.
- Service providers, which we engage to perform services on our behalf. We provide our service providers with access to your personal information, but only to the extent it is necessary to the services they provide to us.
We may otherwise disclose your personal information to entities if such disclosure is required by, or authorised under, the Privacy Act.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to:
- seek access to the personal information that we collect and hold;
- ask us to update or correct your personal information when it is inaccurate, incomplete, or out-of-date; and
- opt-out of receiving direct marketing communications from us.
If you wish to access the personal information that we hold about you, please set out your request in writing, and send it to: email@example.com. Please note that we may charge reasonable fees to cover the administrative cost of retrieving and providing access to your personal information.
If you are of the view that personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, or out-of-date, or if you have other queries about accessing and correcting your personal information, please contact us using the contact details noted above.
If you would like to access and correct the personal information Sellers hold about you, you should contact the relevant Seller directly using the contact details provided on the Seller’s page.
Making a complaint
If you wish to make a complaint about how we handle your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, setting out your complaint in writing. If you wish to make a complaint about how a particular Seller has handled your personal information, please make your complaint to that Seller directly.
We will deal with all requests for access to personal information or complaints as quickly as possible and will endeavour to get back to you within a reasonable time frame.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (“OAIC”) via their website at http://www.oaic.gov.au/.
Additional information and how to contact EBev
Telephone: 1300 556 081
Date of last revision: 19 October 2016
I consent to EBev sending me communications (including by way of email) about products on the EBev website that may interest me. I understand that I can withdraw my consent to the receipt of such communications at any time by contacting email@example.com.